Thursday, November 12, 2009

Courage To Commit


Being committed to something takes a lot of courage and character. But what does it mean to be committed? I believe commitment doesn’t only involve the outward things that we dobut as well as our hearts. Often times we say that we say we are committed well in fact when trials come our way we throw in the towel and just give up. Being committed is never giving up on something. It is the relentless quest for perfection. It is staying there and believing and trusting amidst all adversities. In this modern and fast paced life where people change things just with a snap of a finger, most of them don’t get to stop and savour what the Lord has to offer for them. People can be committed alright but most often than not for the wrong things. But why are there divorces? Why do people quit? Why do relationships fall and break up? Commitment is such a BIG word for me. It takes a lof guts for this. Commitment is not just some agreement on something and then when things fall apart you run away. I have been to numerous relationships that failed because I was not commited to the person or vise versa. It was hard for me to fathom the precept of commitment because I have never felt anyone to be as fully committed to me or I to them. Admittedly, I have been committed in things of this world rather than fixing my eyes on the real prize which is being with our Lord, Jesus. The greatest example of commitment is that of Jesus Christ. He is the fulfillment of the prophecies and the convenant that God has made with His people. Because of this He had to endure pain & suffering just to save us all from our sins - past, present and future. If Jesus said no or I give up when He was being tortured or even when He was templed by Satan, we would probably be dead by now. Because if is written in the Bible that the wages of sin is death and Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice. That’s not the only thing that God revealed to me of His commitment to His people. I firmly believe that God will be faithful to finish the work He began in me. I was a wreck before I came to know Jesus - outside I was okay but deep inside I was battling with demons. Then Jesus came into my life. I was hesistant at first but then I gave in to Jesus but when trials came about and my commitment dwindled I found myself becoming a wreck again. I went astray again. But what’s so amazing about Jesus He never let me go. He never ceased to find a way to get me back again. He made me realize how much He loved me that even if I ran away He will make a way to bring me back. I am so ashamed of this that a king is the one looking and searching hign and low for His unworthy servant.He promised us that He will never forsake us as long as we believe in HIm. He will break me, mold me and make me into a new creation - a new creation every day of my life. I am a miracle of Jesus and I will commit my life to make committed followers of Jesus Christ.   

No comments: