Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How Many Times


How many times have I broken Your heart?

Yet You never cease to give me a new start.

How many times have I repeatedly failed You?

Still You never gave up on seeing me through.

How can You give up Your life for someone unworthy?

How can You choose to love some wretch like me?

There must be something I failed to understand

There must be something that my mind can’t comprehend

Though I turn away from You, still You wait for my return

How can You be so patient and loving with a heart that never learns?

Never have I felt a love that could truly heal

Never have I seen a sacrifice so real

Every stripe on Your back, every gash on Your brow

Every whip, every pound, every drop, every blow

Every nail, every thorn, every fall

Sacrificing Yourself and took it all

How can someone so big and majestic

Be interested in me – a tiny speck

I’m humbled and unworthy

Of the love that You give unconditionally

Too many lies have been said

I might as well been left for dead

But now my life has been taken out of the lost

All because of a man who loved me and died for me on the cross.

No comments: